There are many interesting Facts about the Internet. Here are some surprising Facts.
Approximately 3.2 billion people use the internet. Out of this, 1.7 billion of internet users are Asians. In fact, it is estimated that approximately 200 billion emails and 3 billion Google search would have to wait if the internet goes down for a day.
- China has treatment camps for internet addicts. 200 million Internet users in China are between the ages of 15 and 35. Hence, it is most like that they lose self-control. Tao Ran, director of the country’s first Internet addiction treatment clinic under a military hospital in Beijing said that 40% of those addicted to the Internet suffer from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- 30,000 websites are hacked every day. Highly effective computer software programs are used by cybercriminals to automatically detect vulnerable websites which can be hacked easily.
- Internet sends approximately 204 million emails per minute and 70% of all the emails sent are spam. 2 billion electrons are required to produce a single email.
- The internet is now 10,000+ days old. If you want to keep an exact track of the counter, you can always visit hereand appreciate that you have access to free information anywhere and everywhere.
- Do you think the internet and World Wide Web mean the same thing? They are miles apart actually. The internet is a network of computers, while the World Wide Web is a bridge for accessing and sharing information across it.
- It is expected that around 40 billion gadgets are going to be connected to the internet by 2020. That definitely does not sound good from a security point of view.
- Online dating might sound like a dumb idea but wait till you hear the amount of revenue it is generating. According to the latest statistic, online dating generates approximately $1 billion dollars every year.
10. Want to know how popular is Facebook? Here is a little fun fact for you; almost half of the world’s population are internet users and nearly half of them are using Facebook. There are many.