Cross – Border E-Commerce has become a driving force of the global marketplace with cross-border shoppers spending approximately twice as much as consumers who only shop domestically.
Parcel Forwarding Services offer their services to international online shoppers who want to do cross-border online shopping, making it easy and hassle free. And this Service is becoming more and more popular among international shoppers nowadays because of the high growth rate of e-commerce websites and shipping limitations of most such websites.
How do they work? These services simply give you a US address or in some cases UK, EU, Australia and Japan address options when you sign up with them. Once you sign up with them, you can use that shipping address at Amazon, Ebay, BestBuy, stores etc. to ship your purchases to your new address. Depending on the level of service they provide, the Parcel Forwarding Service will ship the item you purchased to your home country at your designated address.
Five Steps: An international Parcel Forwarding Service works normally with the following five steps:
- After you create your account with an International Parcel Forwarding Service, you will receive your new address, as per your request.
- The customer places an online order and asks the seller to ship the purchases to the Parcel Forwarding Service’s warehouse.
- Parcel Forwarding Service receives your item, handle the packages, such as repacking, consolidation or storage and also informs the shopper.
- Shoppers now pay the Parcel Forwarding Service for package handling and international shipping fee.
- The Parcel Forwarding Service ships out the item and online shoppers receive the parcel at their home.
Many parcel-forwarding companies offer additional services like repacking, inspecting, and photographing the contents, and consolidating multiple parcels into one shipment. This can save shipping costs, especially using couriers that charge more on size than weight.
But there are many issues the cross border online shoppers are concerned about. Please read through my recent post on ‘Cross – Border E-commerce: Shopper’s Concerns